Версия для слабовидящих
Aviary Pavilion

Ïàâèëüîí "Ïòè÷íèê"

The construction of the Bird House, or the Aviary as it is referred now, began in 1798 on the Kolpanka River shore across from the Farm. This masterpiece of architecture was designed by A.D. Zakharov for rather practical purposes – raising pheasants, turkeys, peacocks, geese, and even canaries.

The structure had decayed by the 1840s, and a decision was made “to restore it to its original condition.” Work was carried out under the supervision of the architect A.M. Baykov. Today, the building lies in ruins.