Версия для слабовидящих
The Farm


In the late 18th century, a cattle yard appeared in the north of Sylvia park on the bank of the Kolpanka River. Its emergence was in line with the fashions of European park-making of the time that promoted life’s harmony with nature. During their tour of France in 1782, the Grand Duke and Dutches visited the royal estates where Marie Antoinette reared poultry and goats, milked cows, and treated guests with fresh milk.


The Farm located in Sylvia Park kept with the tastes and interests of the nobility of the time – it looked like a mansion on a rich estate. The main façade, with its protruding central part, is adorned with a port and a dome, and its walls are faced with Pudost limestone. At the Farm, guests were offered “the best milk and the best cream.” Throughout the 19th century, the use of the building remained unchanged. The children of Alexander III enjoyed coming here, and when Nicholas II became Tsar, he often came here for a glass of fresh milk and a chat with the old dairy women.