Версия для слабовидящих
Corps de Garde Bridge (Admiralty Bridge)

Gatchina park

The single arch stone bridge was constructed across the ravine between the Black and White lakes in 1792-1794. On either side of it are two sentry boxes - corps de garde, hence the name of the bridge. The bridge received its alternative name owing to its vicinity to the Admiralty, as was the case with the Admiralty Gate. From it one can enjoy a splendid panoramic view of the Priory and Palace parks. The bridge was destroyed during the wartime, but the sentry boxes survived. It has now been restored.