Language
English Français
Chesma Gallery

880_web.jpg

The Chesma Gallery was among the most magnificent and stately halls in the palace until World War II. The Gallery was created to the design of Vincenzo Brenna. Its main decorative feature was the three monumental canvases by the German painter Jacob Hackert, showing scenes of the Chesma Battle.

Now the visitors have a rare opportunity to view the hall as seen by museum staff in 1944. The Chesma Gallery contains a display of photos describing the period.